Pearly white pearl is classified as an organic gemstone. It is not a mineral but formed through the secretions of certain mollusks that were found in the shallow seas and oceans about 50 million years ago. This gemstone usually has a round or elliptical shape with a very high luster. Most pearls are found in the Persian Gulf, Vietnam, China, and Australia. Pearl is also considered one of the oldest birthstones since it has been long known to humanity for its powers of protection against natural disasters.
Father of Pearl Birthstone
Ancient Egyptians highly valued the pearl birthstone. This gemstone is included in the Egyptian crown jewels. It is believed that Cleopatra herself wore pearl to her ears that came from the Red Sea in 36 B.C.
What is a pearl Birthstone?
Pearl is a type of organic gemstone that is not a mineral. It is produced by certain mollusks that secrete nacre or mother-of-pearl over the irritant inside their shell. This secretion process can take up to seven years, so pearls are rare and valuable.
Pearl Birthstones – Different Now
According to ancient legends, pearls are considered the most powerful gemstones. Many civilizations believed in history that pearls were used for protection. They were even made into bracelets and necklaces to ward off evil spirits.
What is my pearl birthstone?
Pearl birthstone is a gemstone common as an adornment for those born in June and July. Although pearl birthstone is a powerful gemstone because of its past, the current belief about this jewel has changed. Nowadays, it is often considered a symbol of purity and innocence. Let’s examine the other birthstones and what they mean.
1. January Birthstone – Garnet
Garnet is the birthstone for those who are born in January. This gemstone can be found in different colors: green, orange, pink, and red. This stone is the gemstone that can enhance your strength against any disease.
2. February Birthstone – Amethyst
Amethyst is the birthstone for those who are born in February. It has the power to improve one’s imagination and stimulate creativity. Amethyst can also enhance one’s psychic abilities and bring order into life.
3. March Birthstone – Aquamarine
Aquamarine is the birthstone for those who are born in March. This gemstone can be found in different colors: blue, green, and yellow. Aquamarine is the stone that can help one achieve business success and protect them from accidents.
4. April Birthstone – Diamond
Diamond is the birthstone for those who are born in April. It is considered the most precious gemstone globally because it is the hardest and most durable. Diamond is said to have the power to attract wealth and success and enhance relationships.
5. May Birthstone – Emerald
Emerald is the birthstone for those who were born in May. This gemstone can be found in different colors: blue, yellow, and pink. Emerald is the gemstone that can bring love and eternal youth.
6. June Birthstone – Pearl
Pearl is the birthstone for those who are born in June. This type of gemstone has a very high luster, which is why it can reflect light and color very well. Ancient Egyptians believed that pearls could protect the wearer against natural disasters.
7. July Birthstone – Ruby
Ruby is the birthstone for those who are born in July. This gemstone can be found in different colors: pink, orange, and red. It is said to be the stone that can bring success and wealth to its wearer.
8. August Birthstone – Peridot
Peridot is the birthstone for those who are born in August. This gemstone can be found in different colors such as green, yellow and brown. Peridot is a stone that can protect its wearer against accidents.
9. September Birthstone – Sapphire
Sapphire is the birthstone for those who are born in September. This gemstone can be found in different colors: blue, pink, and purple. It is said to be the stone that can give its wearer long life, love, and health.
10. October Birthstone – Tourmaline
Tourmaline is the birthstone for those who are born in October. This gemstone can be found in different colors such as black, green, pink, and red. Tourmaline is said to have the power to bring good luck to its wearer.
11. November Birthstone – Topaz
Topaz is the birthstone for those who are born in November. This gemstone can be found in different colors: blue, green, and yellow. Topaz is said to have the power to increase its wearer’s strength and courage.
12. December Birthstone – Turquoise
Turquoise is the birthstone for those who are born in December. It is a type of gemstone that is blue-green with a metallic luster. It was believed that this stone had the power to cure illness and give its wearer protection against evil spirits.
13. Bonus – Zircon
Zircon is a birthstone for those who are born from January to December. This gemstone can come in different colors: green, orange, yellow, and red. Zircon is the stone that can bring its wearer good luck, success, and happiness.
There are many different types of birthstones that you can choose from. The ones mentioned above are just some of the most popular ones. So, if you are looking for a birthstone that can bring you good luck and success, be sure to choose one from this list.
There are many ways to enjoy the beauty of pearl birthstone. You can place it in your earrings, necklaces, or bracelets. You can also collect pearl items such as vases, statues, or urns to create beautiful décor in your home.
From the different types of birthstones mentioned above, pearls are considered one of the most versatile ones because you can use them for almost any purpose. So, if you are looking for a type of birthstone that is easy to care for, then pearls are the best choice.
Different uses of pearl Birthstone
Pearl Birthstone has many different uses. Aside from being worn as jewelry, it is also used in cosmetics, paint, and medicine. Pearls are also ground into a powder and used to treat various skin conditions.
Pearls are also known to have spiritual properties. They are said to promote honesty, sincerity, and integrity and are a powerful protective stone against natural disasters.
How to choose the best pearl Birthstone?
When you choose a pearl birthstone, you must consider your skin tone and preferences. Pearls can come in many colors, including white, silver, and cream. Gold and brown-hued pearls make good choices for a birthstone jewel if you have a warm skin tone. If you like silver, white pearls are also good options for your birthstone.
How about the quality of Pearl Birthstone?
The quality of a pearl is usually determined by its size, shape, luster, and surface quality. The rarest and most valuable pearls are perfectly round and have a high luster. To assess the quality of a pearl, experts will often use a standardized grading system that rates the pearl on a scale from A to AAA.
How do you care for Pearl Birthstone?
Pearls can be preserved for a long time with proper care. The following are the caring methods you can use;
– Store pearls in a box or pouch of cloth made from silk or cotton. Avoid storing pearls with other jewels, especially gemstones that can scratch the surface of the pearl.
– Always remove your pearls when you are washing your hands, taking a bath, or engaging in any activity that may cause them to get wet.
– Do not use harsh chemicals or solutions when cleaning your pearls. A gentle cloth and lukewarm water should be enough to clean them.
– Pearls should be dried off with a soft cloth after cleaning. Please do not use a hairdryer to dry them as this may damage the surface of the pearl.
Colors of Pearl Birthstone
The color of the pearl is mainly influenced by the type of mollusk that produces it. The most common colors of pearl are white, black, cream, gold, and silver. The colors are explained as below;
These pearls are the most common and are usually found in saltwater. They come in many different shapes and sizes, with a high luster ranging from very high to medium.
Black pearls are created by the same type of mollusk that produces white pearls, but the difference is how they are treated. Black pearls are often treated with a dark dye to enhance their color. They are usually smaller than white pearls but have a higher luster.
These pearls are created by the same type of mollusk that produces white pearls, but the difference is in their color. Cream pearls are usually tiny and have a low luster.
These pearls are created by the same type of mollusk that produces white pearls, but they are treated with a solution to enhance their color. Gold pearls are usually cream in color and have a lower luster than most.
These pearls are created by the same type of mollusk that produces white pearls, but they are treated with a solution to enhance their color. Silver pearls are usually white and have a high luster.
World traditions of curious pearl Birthstone
Different cultures have different traditions when it comes to the pearl birthstone. Here are some of the most common practices;
– In America, the pearl is often seen as a symbol of purity and innocence.
– In China, pearls are considered symbols of wisdom and wealth.
– In India, pearls are considered symbols of love and purity.
– In Japan, pearls are considered symbols of femininity and elegance.
– In Europe, pearls are often seen as symbols of modesty and purity.
– In the Middle East, pearls are often seen as symbols of love and beauty.
The pearl has been prized for centuries for its beauty and rarity. It is the perfect gemstone to represent the beauty and innocence of a newborn baby.
If you plan on buying either yourself or as a gift for someone, make sure to get a real one and not a fake. There are many fakes out there, and it is essential to know the tale signs of a fake pearl. Also, make sure to take care of your pearls to last a lifetime.
What are the benefits of wearing a pearl Birthstone?
– Boosting confidence: Pearls are known to amplify the wearer’s confidence and self-esteem.
– Warding off lousy luck: Pearl is believed to protect the wearer from bad luck and natural disasters.
– Promoting prosperity: In many cultures, pearls are seen as a symbol of wealth and prosperity.
– Bringing good luck: Wearing pearl is said to bring good luck to the wearer.
– Enhancing personal relationships: Pearls are often associated with love and friendship, and wearing them promotes harmonious personal relationships.
– Reducing stress: Pearl is known to have a calming effect on the wearer, promoting relaxation and peace of mind.
– Reducing stress: Pearl is known to have a calming effect on the wearer, promoting relaxation and peace of mind.
– Preserving health: Pearls are believed to help promote overall well-being and improve health conditions such as arthritis and high blood pressure.
– Enhancing beauty: Pearls are believed to make the wearer more attractive by enhancing their beauty.
– Promoting calmness and serenity: Wearing pearls is said to promote stability and peace.
– Protecting negative energy: Pearl is believed to protect the wearer from negative energy and bring positive energy into their lives.
How to shop for a pearl birthstone?
When shopping for a pearl birthstone, it is essential to keep the following in mind:
– Type of pearl: There are many different types of pearls, and each type has its unique beauty.
– Luster: The higher the pearl’s luster, the more beautiful it is.
– Shape: The rounder the pearl, the more valuable it is.
– Surface quality: A pearl’s surface helps define its beauty and value. The smoother the surface, the more valuable the pearl is.
– Size: The larger the pearl, the more expensive it is.
– Color: The more colors a pearl has, the more valuable it is.
– Origin: The rarer the origin of the pearl, the more valuable it is.
– Nacre thickness: The thicker the nacre, the more value it has.
– Condition: The better the condition of the pearl, the more valuable it is.
When shopping for a pearl birthstone, it is essential to keep these things in mind. Some of the most commonly used pearls in jewelry include Akoya, South Sea, and Tahitian pearls. If the pearls are cultured, their value is determined by the same factors as natural pearls.
Pearls are considered one of the oldest and most valuable gemstones globally. These white-colored gemstones are prevalent in pearl jewelry and therefore perfect as a birthstone for those born in June, July, or August. When choosing a pearl birthstone, it is essential to consider your skin tone and preferences.